Last night I went to my local Goodwill store. I hadn't been in ages and I had time to kill.
In my community we have a large population of East Indians. The women dress in saris' and the fabrics are always bright and beautiful, very flashy!
Well I went up to the rack where I thought I'd find fabric or linens and I was amazed at the beautiful selection of fabrics that were there. Upon closer inspection I realized that they were the scarfs that the Indian women wear over the shoulder. Each one was at least 1 yard of fabric and I just knew that somehow I could repurpose them and turn them into retro aprons!
Here is a peek at the few I did buy.
I found a fun idea on this blog. The assignment is to post my "Bucket List" here, for all the world to see. Now I've only told a couple of people about my bucket list, my husband being one, and I'm embarrassed at how simple it is, but I hate to be disappointed! So here it goes...
My Bucket List
1. Stand in a warm rain shower. (in California we have no summer rains) I felt a little in Hawaii but I want more.
2. See fireflies.
3. See New England in the Fall.
4. Buy an outfit right out of the window display, no matter the cost!
5. Make a gourmet dinner, and enjoy the process, not stress out.
6. Enjoy hiking with my husband.
7. Go to Hawaii. Check! I went in March to see my sister and her husband.
8. Win first place with one of my dogs.
That's all I have for now. All very doable and safe. That's me!