Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Glimps Inside the Man



I have this strange being living in my house and sometimes I wonder whether or not the teenage years are all worth it. They are. Although Jake is only 15 1/2 and it's been pretty easy so far I see bits of personality and humor and that tells me he's likely going to turn out okay.

Not long ago we were sitting down to eat hamburgers and tater tots. (I love junk food night!) I was opening this jar...
Well, as I'm reaching in to get a pickle, Jake looks at me and says in a very serious tone, "Careful you don't puncture your fingers." I stopped and had to think about that for a few seconds, then it hit me... Dill SPEARS, SPEARS! He was being funny! Oh did I laugh! I love a dry sense of humor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My nephews are 13 and they come out with some great ones once in a while that truly make me laugh! It's fun watching them grow up into the awesome adults we dream they'll be!