Sunday, June 22, 2008

As Comfortable As An Old Chair

I was at the youth garage sale at my church, when I noticed this old chair. I knew right away that she was to be mine! Maury gave me that patient look and said nothing, I knew that was as good as an "O.K. Honey, I love what you love and you have my blessing!" Tee hee!!!Before...
So I brought her home and began my search for the perfect fabric. I went to Joann Fabrics twice and didn't find what I was looking for (surprise, surprise). I've always loved the fabric line by designer Amy Butler and recently she started making a heavier fabric for home decor. I found what I was looking for and bought it online here. I used 1 1/2 cans of spray paint and I really like how it turned out. I may still add a skirt or some other embellishment, but I only bought 2 yards of the fabric so I'll have to piece something together.
After...
Today is Maury's 45th birthday. He is looking better and better each day. I don't think that it's fair that men just look more distinguished with the passing years and I just look older. He is such a wonderful husband and father. You wouldn't believe how patient he is with me. If I were him I would have given up on me a long time ago. He works so hard to keep us fat and happy. I'm trying to change the fat part right now with early morning walks, a heart rate monitor and protein shakes! But you know what, he'd love me even if I did weight 200lbs. Let's just hope that doesn't happen! Happy Birthday Maury, you are the love of my life and I'm so glad you called the "wrong" girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a beautiful job on that chair! I love the choice of fabric.